Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Beth - Days 7 through 11

Welllll....I got my splint taken off on Monday!  That's partially a fib.  I was supposed to have it taken off on Monday, but I called on Friday because it was driving me batty and they said I could take it off all by myself as long as I retaped it back on at night.  So I called my Mommy (a nurse) and hyperventilated for 10 minutes before I did it.

They took my stitches out 2 days ago, where the Good Doctor proceeded to compare his rhinoplasty technique to "fileting a fish".  O.M.G.   

And here is my McFish Sandwich, 9 days post-op.  TAAADAHHHH!!!!



I'm very pleased with the results so far and I think it looks pretty natural.  Dr. Frenchman said it won't look its "best" until around December, after all of the swelling goes away.  He said I'll especially continue to see improvement in the area on either side of the tip, where they removed cartilage.

In true "big reveal" fashion, I only did my hair & makeup for the "after" shots.  :)


I'd like to thank everyone who has been gracefully supportive of my decision to do this.  I'm also thankful that anyone in opposition kept their opinions to themselves.  Well played, players.

On my very first outing after removing the splint, I discovered this on my drink's cap:


Just call me Andy Borowitz from now on.  :)

ACTUALLY...that leads me to my next BIG SCARY ANNOUNCEMENT.  I'm adopting a stage name.  More on THAT coming in the next blog!  It's only getting crazier from here.  Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. Even the before and after fonts are dramatic! AND, I would have thought that doing a nose-job would be more like drying a pla... oh, never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you know what would heal that up really fast? Some of those pills. You know the plac......oh, forget it.

    You're beautiful inside and out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, your so lovely. The surgery did the trick. Funny but you look younger after the rhinoplasty. Your noise had a perfect point now that the old roundy.

    ReplyDelete