Sunday, February 6, 2011

Beth - Days 12 through 14

Even though I'm not posting a blog every single day, I've been working on tons o' scary sh*t with dedication.  Well, except for the first few days after my slice & dice, but I was scared constantly during that, so I think I'm covered.  I really do have quite a few big things in the works, but Rome wasn't built in a freaking day, you guys.

One thing I am scared of, but ready to discuss is the NEW NAME I'll be recording/performing under.  Here she blows!!! 


Lyric Everly.  There were many ideas tossed around when I decided to adopt an alias.  Several years ago, my friend Keith mentioned a little girl named Lyric, and it's been my favorite female name ever since.  It literally means "the words of a song".  Everly flows well with it,  I think,  and carries musical connotations.

Why would I do such a thing?

Several reasons!  Pseudonyms are more popular in the entertainment biz than you might think.  Guess who was born Eileen Edwards, Alecia Moore, Gordon Sumner, Peter Hernandez, Mary O'Brien, Declan MacManus, or Brenda Webb.  The list goes on.  It's important to have a memorable name, that's easy to pronounce and pleasant to the ear.

I write in different genres sometimes and it's been increasingly difficult to distinguish between a song that is "totally me" as an artist, versus something better suited for someone else.  I'll continue to write country & pop tunes here in Nashville, but will only release songs of sweetness & light under Lyric Everly.

Carl's been the biggest advocate of this concept.  Ever since we decided it would be best for me to be a solo artist, rather than us being considered a duo, his biggest pet peeve has been when people introduce us on stage as "Beth & Carl Miner" or "The Miners".  Not rockstar.  At all.

This is hilarious and so true:


Really, I'm just trying to get ladies out of their skirts.

So there you go!  Lyric Everly.  We launched this and put up this (complete with the first ever Lyric Everly song!) if you're willing to follow along.  Whew!  I'm glad that's out of the way!  Onto more scary business...

1 comment:

  1. Just to clarify, it's pronounced "Lie-Rick" right? That's what I thought.

    ReplyDelete