Sunday, January 23, 2011

Beth - Day 1

Carl & I bought a vintage 1945 house a couple of months ago and we still don't have window treatments.  While I don't plan on keeping it this way (mostly for our neighbor's sake), it has been nice waking up with sun rays on my face and chubby robins chirping in the bushes through our glass portal to the outside world.

This morning, we woke up all easy like Sunday morning, and laid there chatting about some things that are coming up.  Things that I haven't told many people about.  Things that scare the bejeezus out of me.

My darling husband is excellent at doing things that are beyond his comfort zone.  I am not.  I prefer to overanalyze every little detail and possible outcome until I've talked myself out of doing it at all.  All the while knowing that the times I've felt the most alive are when I throw caution to the wind and leap without looking.

So...I came up with the idea for this blog.  I was originally going to call it "30 days of things that scare me", but that's a pretty effing long title, you guys.  You'd never remember the url.

I will spend these next 30 days doing things that make my heart race.  Reporting back here after each experience.  Hopefully with 100% positive and magical results!!!  Maybe not.  But the scariest thing of all to me is the regret of not doing something when you had the chance.  Perhaps the Secret of Life is simply "doing things".

Some of the items on my agenda will be more intimidating than others.  Day 1 is sharing this with you.  Tomorrow will be a doozy.  Multiple doozies to come before the end of February.  I'm scared.  :)

7 comments:

  1. You will do amazingly at everything! I'm excited to learn what you will be up to. Have you checked out my running blog. same old site, new stuff happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv you Beth! I can't wait to follow along the ride you are about to take - "You can do it"

    Blake

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I can't WAIT to see what you have up your sleeve! I also can't wait to see David Archuleta in concert, but that's completely unrelated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look, I think that checking into rehab is a great idea. You've been so tired lately. It's for the best and nothing to be scared of.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love this idea, Beth. So excited to see what you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to rob that CONVENIENCE STORE aren't you - I TOLD you that not ALL of Carl's ideas are WISE. Oh Dear...

    ReplyDelete