Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lynsey -- Day 1: It's nice to meet you. :)

Hi.   I’m Lynsey.  It’s good to be here.  I really like what Lyric has done with the place.  That bird thing happening on the right is just magical.

So, something that scares me every day for 30 days......folks, I’m going to be honest—not a bunch scares me, and what does tends to be really boring.  For example, I’m a bit frightened by multivitamins.  I’m fairly certain they aren’t really regulated in any way, and do you know just how much craziness they could fit in a pill that huge?  You take one and  5 hours later, you’ve been roofied and you are laying in the hospital trying to tell everyone that all you did is take a multivitamin and no one believes you.  That’s scary stuff.  Way more scary to me than a tattoo.  Of which I have many.  So there probably won’t be a big tattoo post.:)

Today I got bangs.  I know what you’re thinking…SAY THIS ISN’T SO!!!  SAY THAT YOU WEREN’T SO HASTY THAT YOU JUST CHOPPED SOME HAIR OFF OF YOUR HEAD!!!!  But it’s true.  That’s the kind of girl I am—throwing caution to the wind like that.  I had been thinking about it for a while—weighing the pros and cons.  It’s hair, people.  This is serious stuff.  Just because it grows back doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t obsess over it as though it were a house purchase or military enrollment.  Ultimately I decided to go for it, if for no other reason than to have something to blog about today in case I wimped out of the scary thing I was really planning which was these:



Oh my.  Do I ever hate that side of the camera.  The other side is much easier.  But, I needed some new shots for the book I am writing (okay, fine.  For Facebook.  I needed a new profile picture for Facebook.) and this seemed like just as good a place as any to start my 30 days.  Plus, now I get to show you all my fresh bangs.;)

After a really miserable photo session years ago, I try to avoid having my picture taken, especially by a professional.  I'm picky about camera phones.  I've figure out a way to avoid any type of group shoot by offering to take the picture myself.  I've been known to yank cameras out of peoples hands to delete the picture I am in.  Boy, does that really irritate them.

Self-confidence issue?  Sure.  I also just don't think I photograph well.  I have a hard time getting comfortable and being myself around people, and a camera between us certainly doesn't help the situation.  And there is this issue with the fact that I am not exactly thrilled about this new wrinkle thing that is happening on my face.  Or this patch of grey hair on the right side of my head that I assume must be a tumor or something and the patch is just how it is manifesting itself on the outside.

But I did it.  I had a photographer friend that has been wanting to trade pictures for a while and I finally caved and took her up on it.  And we walked around and talked about parenting and life and sex and clothes and jobs, and took pictures and it really wasn't all that bad.

Plus......I dig the bangs.  I am no longer scared to change my hair at a moments notice. 

And I'm working through the picture thing. :)

Tomorrow I may do something really crazy.  Like take a multivitamin.  Stay tuned--you wouldn't want to miss that. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Love the pics, love the blog post, LOVE the bangs!! Did you listen to Eye of the Tiger today? That always helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bangs. Also: I feel compelled to scare myself for a month.

    Nicely played...

    ReplyDelete